The Bunraku Project-team, INRIA, and the Computer Graphics Society (CGS) are pleased to announce the 23rd International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2010) to be held on May 31 - June 2, 2010, in the Palais du Grand-Large (http://www.pgl-congres.com), Saint-Malo, France.
CASA is one of the premier international conferences in the field of computer animation and social agents. CASA 2010 will provide a great opportunity to interact with leading experts, share your own work, and educate yourself through exposure to the research of your peers from around the world. The conference venue is facing the sea, just by the expansive Sillon beach, and close to the ramparts of the walled Corsair City and its castle. We are seeking regular full papers, short papers, and posters with the following topics, but which are not limited to:
- Animation Techniques: Motion Control, Motion Capture and Retargeting, Path Planning, Physics based Animation, Image based Animation, Behavioral Animation, Artificial Life, Deformation, Facial Animation, Multi-Resolution and Multi-Scale Models, Knowledge-based Animation, Motion Synthesis;
- Social Agents: Social Agents and Avatars, Emotion and Personality, Virtual Humans, Autonomous Actors, AI based Animation, Social and Conversational Agents, Inter-Agent Communication, Social Behavior, Gesture Generation, Crowd Simulation;
- Other Related: Animation Compression and Transmission, Semantics and Ontologies for Virtual Humans/Environments, Animation Analysis and Structuring, Anthropometric Virtual Human Models, Acquisition and Reconstruction of Animation Data, Level of Details, Semantic Representation of Motion and Animation, Medical Simulation, Cultural Heritage, Interaction for Virtual Humans, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, Computer Games and Online Virtual Worlds.
All accepted full papers, about 35 of them, will be published, at the time of the conference, in a special issue of The Journal of Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds by Wiley. Short papers and posters will be published as CD or hardcopy proceedings.
ENS-Cachan Ant. de Bretagne
Important dates are:
Full Papers Submission: December 20, 2009
January 4, 2010, 23:59 GMT+1
Notification of acceptance: February 8,2010February 12, 2010
Camera ready: February 21, 2010 Short Papers and Posters Submission: February 28, 2010 Notification of acceptance: March 22, 2010 Camera / CD ready: April 4, 2010
- Conference Chair: Stéphane Donikian, INRIA (email@example.com);
- Program Chairs: Elisabeth André, Shi-Min Hu and Daniel Thalmann;
- Local Chairs: Georges Dumont, Franck Multon and Julien Pettré